Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rookie Returns Wood Brothers to Victory Lane After Advice from Hall of Famer

Rookie Returns Wood Brothers to Victory Lane After Advice from Hall of Famer
Statement from 2011 NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductee David Pearson
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Feb. 20, 2011) – 2011 NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductee David Pearson met Trevor Bayne this morning prior to the start of the Daytona 500. Hours later, Bayne, a 20-year-old rookie, sent the Wood Brothers to Victory Lane in the Great American Race. In 1976, Pearson took the same team to Victory Lane in the Daytona 500. Bayne’s famed No. 21 carried decals honoring David Pearson for his Hall of Fame Induction. Pearson left the track shortly after the race started to drive home to South Carolina
David Pearson: “Yeah, I was listening to it on the radio in the car. That’s good. I’m proud of them. I figured they had a chance after seeing that boy race in the 150s (Gatorade Duel). I talked to him (Bayne) this morning. I told him to keep his head straight and not to do anything crazy. I told him to stay relaxed. That’s the thing; stay relaxed. I knew he would because he was relaxed in the qualifier. I’m proud of him. I don’t understand what has taken them so long to return to Victory Lane. The car has always been capable.” (NASCAR Media) 

No comments:

Post a Comment