Sunday, May 27, 2012


Indy Still The Greatest Racing Event
I’ve been to the Daytona 500, I’ve been to the spring Talladega race when it was a summertime sizzler and I’ve been to the Bristol race when the stands were still filled with screaming fans. All, along with other NASCAR events, are great pulse pounding races. But…..in my opinion when everything is taken into consideration, the Indy 500 is the greatest show in racing. I know, a lot of my fender racing buddies thinks I’ve lost my mind.  Yes, I know if the entire Daytona Speedweek, with the seemingly endless races, is taken into consideration that may be the biggest week long spectacle. But, we are talking about a one-day head-to-head event versus The Indy 500. When everything is taken into consideration….tradition, the crowd, the sheer spectacle…Indy wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment